Associate Degrees and Certificates
Associate Degrees for Transfer (AA-T, AS-T)
The Associate degrees for transfer were created for students who intend to complete a Bachelor degree in a similar major at a California State University campus. The associate degree for transfer will be granted to students who have the following:
- Completion of 60 CSU transferable semester units
- A minimum of at least 2.0 GPA in CSU transferable courses (note that a higher GPA may be required in some institutions)
- Completion of at least 18 units in the major with a grade of “C” or better. A “P” (Pass) grade is also an acceptable grade for courses in the major if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- Certified completion of the CSU General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements, or completion of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements
Please Note: No more than 60 units are required for this degree and no additional requirements will be imposed by Evergreen Valley College.
Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.) / Associate in Science Degree (A.S.)
To be awarded the Associate in Arts degree at Evergreen Valley College, students must complete the following minimum requirements:
- A major consisting of 18 semester units in a specialized or related field of study. The major may be in a special field or general studies area. All required major coursework must be completed with a “C” grade or better.
- A minimum of 39 semester units from the A.A. and 24 semester units from the A.S. General Education patterns
- EVC graduation requirements which include:
- U.S. History Constitution and American Ideals
- Three (3) units of Cultural Pluralism/Ethnic Studies
- One (1) unit Physical Education
- Competency in Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Residency requirement:
- 12 units must have been earned at EVC
Certificates will be awarded to qualified students in designated occupational programs. The College will specify the standards to be met and the courses required for each certificate. Students may submit requests for certificates during the first six weeks of the last semester in the prescribed sequence of courses. Requests should be presented to the Office of Admissions and Records.
Evergreen Valley College offers three types of certificates.
- Certificate of Achievement (12 units or more).
- Certificate of Specialization (0.5–11.5 units)
- Certificates of Course Completion may be issued to students upon completion of a course with a grade of “C” or above.
Please note: Certificates of Specialization are not state approved and will not appear on transcripts.